An Assortment of Masks which I'll Keep


I started with Korean masks, then with a few Banksy ones, then with more artistic ones or black patterned ones. I then moved on to the gaiter style, even if their efficacy was doubted by some. What do we really know yet concerning this ghastly pandemic anyway? Now I have a little collection, in different on the go areas from my car's rear view mirror to my bike's saddle pouch. Hopefully when I go back to teaching this fall, these can stay inside my closet. But like the virus-concerned, I wouldn't mind using them when a big flu season comes around. I can be part of those setting that trend. It might become somewhat of a norm for some people to wear masks when viruses are spreading, as is the norm in many Asian countries. When I cover tense protests, from Black Lives Matter to Stop the Sweeps, I think they'll come in handy as well, to give some protection from whatever is coming my way. Not much protection perhaps, but enough to feel emboldened enough to confront the contemporaneity of our Black Mirror world.

Comments

Popular Posts