Heading West

I finished a 20-hour drive from D.C. to Oklahoma yesterday, arriving right before the very unfortunate and deadly tornado hit, my older son's penguin in tow, as well as with equipment to work on a new documentary project about Oklahoma's black towns Struggle and Hope, tweeting here @struggle_n_hope.

I passed a lot of crosses and while stopping for gas saw a lot of men whose beards seemed longer than their legs.

Previously, my career and life have been on the east coast, in France, in Indonesia, in Latin America and in West and Central Africa, so this is a new adventure. I hope to keep this blog to continue promoting life and work from those parts of the world as well, including an interview feature of what some interesting colleagues are looking into.

The above picture is right by my current base in beautiful Choctaw, Oklahoma.

Comments

Popular Posts