Interviews with Occupy: Kyle, the wild child


As the Occupy Movement prepares to celebrate its one year birthday, I thought of some of the favorite interviews I did as a journalist in Washington, and this one for some reason stuck out, with Kyle, 21 at the time, who called himself the wild child.



As is often the case he said very interesting things off camera, such as if I remember correctly, an idea to organize long marches from one Occupy camp to another, which I don't think ever really materialized, beyond a few times, but would have been a genius idea, if done on a much wider, less stunty scale.

I heard on NPR yesterday the Occupy Movement might have been a political Woodstock which may have gone too long. People credit the movement with "changing the narrative." Many protesters, such as Kyle, had many interesting things to say, and lots of positive energy as well.

Comments

Popular Posts