Africa's Ali-G



I decided not to post this video on my usual Youtube second degree site, because not to be vain, but some of my Africa-related videos get tens of thousands of hits, and since Youtube seems such a popular platform (more so than blogspot I must say), it could put the star of this report at risk.

Still, in the more limited scope of this blog, I thought it was worthwhile to showcase his humor, courage and undeniable talent. I met Ali-G by chance through his friend I interviewed at an opposition pre-election rally in Equatorial Guinea last year. The opposition went on to win one out of 100 seats.

Who would have thought there was an African English-speaking rapper from Spanish-speaking Equatorial Guinea? The world is a small place, but some of its dictators are still very scary.

And no one really cares, as long as the oil flows in and out.

It's a human rights disgrace.

Africa's Ali-G is a true hero of freedom of speech.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:01 AM

    It is rather interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts