Baby Steps Forward

I have just returned from a two-week trip to Sierra Leone, where among other things, I stepped forward with a new Nikon D-80. Early thoughts ... difficult for low light situations, zoom made me lazy in terms of composition, the only pictures I seemed to take were massive closeups, the lens that came with the camera is not great and I have yet to find a high f with big zoom ...

What I remember from the only NPPA conference I went to was how each picture has to tell a story. I'm not there yet, but here below is my favorite from the trip because at least it has a busy, telescopic, colorful background. Hopefully coming soon, slideshows about a not so secret society magic show, and the things children carried on their heads.



Other faces of Makeni can be found in my latest Flickr set.

Comments

Popular Posts