Praise the Lord



Here's an audio slideshow of an evangelical church service in Central African Republic. Not me best effort, but it had been a while since I had been to church.

The pastor in Bossangoa said he was quite concerned that church attendance has been down since a conflict ripped apart his community several years ago. He also felt it was his role to fight the power and the belief of curses.

I got an email from a friend in Indonesia saying she was very happy she still had the spirit for the start of Ramadan, and as I drove home late in a powerless, mud-filled Dakar, I could sense the frenzy here as well. Although, in Dakar and Indonesia, there is a belief in bad wind as well. I felt eerie when I left both places. I pray for the religion of the sun and moon and green grass.

Comments

Popular Posts