Street Sellers of India

During my brief December trip to northern India, on a few occasions, I went street shopping, not for food or items, but for pictures, and time and time again, with my camera out, street sellers would wave me over, and ask me to take a picture of them plying their trade, preparing their treats over and over in an open public space.

I never really asked what they were selling, rarely took samples, but always got smiles and whiffs of wonderful odors and could see they were experts, streetside culinary luminaries, providers of warm goodness at affordable prices in their corner of the world. Some in this series sell non-eatables, but also worked street side, so the theme is not entirely continuous.

The black and white does justice to their timelesness and my inabilities at this point in digital photography to even conceive of what the word aperture means.

Comments

Popular Posts